National Book Week Celebration: “Pambansang Buwan ng Aklat”
Theme: ”Libraries for Progress”
“Aklatan Tungo sa Kaunlaran”
Schedule of Activities:
v November 16, 2011 (W) POSTER-MAKING Contest
1. To express oneself through poster-making;
2. To showcase one’s creativity.
1. The contest is open to all students of CNHS.
2. All contestants must submit their outputs on a ¼ sized cartolina using any medium such as
crayons, pastel colors, watercolors and the like.
3. The poster must be relevant to the theme.
4. Entries should be submitted to CARMIE ANN SEMOLAVA, IV- Amorsolo on or before
November 18, 2011 (Friday).
Criteria: Judges: Ms .Katleen Grace H. Sayaman
Originality 20% Mr. Marvin Melendres
Message 35% Ms. Abby Lacsi
Neatness / 20%
v November 17, 2011 (Th) BOOKMARK-MAKING Contest
To show resourcefulness in making bookmarks out of recycled materials.
The contest is open to all CNHS Freshmen only.
Entries should follow the required size of 2x7 inches.
All entries should be made out of recycled materials.
Entries are to be submitted to ANGELICA VELETA, IV- Amorsolo on or before November 18, 2011 (Friday).
Originality 50% Ms. Maritess C. Chavez
Theme/content 20% Mr. Lervin Alvez
Workmanship/ 30% Ms. Ma. Delilah R. Regis
v November 18, 2011 (F) BOOK INTERPRETATION Contest
To encourage reading fiction novels;
To interpret novel read through a comic strips or drawing.
1. The contest is open to all senior students composed of three to five members in a team.
2. The team must read any of the fiction books from the library and must interpret through comics’ strips.
3. Entries should be through comic strips on a short bond papers
4. Entries should be submitted to JOHN HENNESSY CUESTA, IV-Amorsolo.
Originality 30% Mr. Mikko Jade Alcantara
Content 50% Ms. Jonalyn Inocencio
Neatness/ 20% Ms. Ma. Erika Ilagan
v November18-29, 2011 (F) BIG BOOK EXHIBIT
1. To encourage reading;
2. To showcase creativity of English club members and Library Club members.
The combined efforts of the members of the English club and Library Club will house an exhibit of their Big Book presentation to be integrated and will be equivalent to their English class project.
The members will be grouped and shall choose any fiction book from the library collection.
Based on the book read, the group will do their interpretation in drawing and texts on a folded cartolina with title page.
All entries should be submitted to MARK PHILIP DUYOG and DIANA KRIS TABACON on or before November 29, 2011.